ASH Releases New Guidelines on Venous ThromboembolismNovember 30, 2018
This week, the American Society of Hematology (ASH) released the first 6 chapters of their evidence-based clinical guidelines on venous thromboembolism (VTE); 4 additional chapters are forthcoming. The ASH developed the new guidelines in partnership with the McMaster University GRADE Centre.
The 2018 ASH Clinical Practice Guidelines for VTE include 10 chapters:
- Prophylaxis for Medical Patients
- Diagnosis of VTE
- Optimal Management of Anticoagulation Therapy
- Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT)
- VTE in the Context of Pregnancy
- Treatment of Pediatric VTE
- Treatment (not yet released)
- Cancer (not yet released)
- Thrombophilia (not yet released)
- Prophylaxis in Surgical Patients (not yet released)
A high-level summary of the first 6 chapters is available here.
American Society of Hematology (ASH). ASH Releases New Clinical Practice Guidelines for Venous Thromboembolism [news release]. November 27, 2018. Available at: click here. Accessed November 28, 2018.