Hayes, a division of Tract Manager, and Milliman’s MedInsight® offer a new decision-making technology that integrates Hayes’ evidence-based measures with Milliman’s industry-leading claims analytics, enabling unprecedented insights that allow payers to:
- Minimize spending on technology with no proven benefit, or that may be harmful.
- Plan for the clinical and financial impact disruptive technologies will have on cohorts and populations.
- Reduce the clinical and financial risk to patients, providers, and payers.
- Redirect found revenue toward prevention efforts.
The Grouper features two evidence-based analytics calculators that analyze the impact of emerging and disruptive technologies, including new therapies, medical devices, and diagnostic testing.
Disruptive Technology Impact Calculator™ uses Hayes Horizon Scanning to help forecast the financial impact that emerging and disruptive technologies may have on a population over time.
Hayes Rating Impact Calculator™ is powered by Hayes’ evidence-based measures to determine the real cost of technologies that lack clinical evidence to support their use for specific applications, alerting payers to:
- Spending on potentially harmful technologies.
- Policy gaps—and how to fill them.
- Utilization management and policy enforcement issues.
The results are consistent with TractManager’s and MedInsight’s goals of positively impacting our healthcare system through improved decision-making, patient outcomes, and sound financial results.
The MedInsight Hayes Grouper is supported by a wide variety of professional services:
- Facilitated by MedInsight
- Health Plan Policy Review
- Policy Development Process Review
- UM Process Review
- Custom Reporting & Analytics
- Strategic Plan Support
- Medical Policy Updates/Creation
- Guideline/Protocol Development
- Development of Educational Reports and Webinars
- UM Process Improvement
- Actuarial Services & Support